Pharmacy Savings Programs
Many major pharmacy chains offer savings programs which can significantly reduce the cost of select prescriptions. Some of these programs have annual fees, some are free to join, and some simply offer low cash prices that don't require any membership.
Keep in mind that each pharmacy provides discounts for a different list of prescriptions, and sometimes only certain dosages and forms of a drug are discounted. Fortunately, GoodRx collects current prices for each of these programs - just look up a drug and we'll let you know if it's on any pharmacy's list.
Be aware that pharmacists may not always know if a discount price is available for a drug, and discounts may not be automatically applied unless you ask. Check GoodRx or the pharmacy's website to see if your prescription is on their list.
Also, note that purchasing prescriptions as part of a savings program will likely not count towards any insurance deductibles or limits. Discount programs cannot be combined with insurance or Medicare. Some insurance plans will allow you to submit prescriptions with savings programs for credit - check with your plan.
Here are some of the more popular pharmacy savings programs:
- H-E-B Rx Rewards PlatinumH-E-B offers select discounted generic medications for as low as $4 for a 30-day supply and $10 for a 90-day supply.
- Kroger Rx Savings Club ProgramKroger Rx Savings Club offers more than 100 of America's most common prescriptions for FREE, $3 or $6 for a 30-day supply. Plus, save on over 1,000 other generic prescriptions.
- Rite Aid Rx Savings ProgramThe Rite Aid Rx Savings Program offers a selection of generic medications at $9.99 for up to a 30-day supply and $15.99 for up to a 90-day supply.
- Sam's Plus MembershipSam's Club Plus members receive a selection of generic medications at $4 for a 30-day supply and $10 for a 90-day supply.
- Walgreens Prescription Savings ClubThe Walgreens Prescription Savings Club offers generic medications for as low as $5 for up to a 30-day supply.
- WalmartWalmart offers generic medications for as low as $4 for a 30-day supply and $10 for a 90-day supply.